A GOLD CERTIFIED OUTLET
Behind this inspirational business is the warm welcome of Claudia and Clive. Everything done for Kafe Fula stems from their lifestyle philosophy of having the least impact as possible; giving a true authenticity to their sustainability.
From pre-soaked beans, daily baked bread, and homemade spreads, Claudia and her dedicated team develop and prepare their recipes from scratch, using raw, unprocessed ingredients. As the seasons change, so does Kafe Fula’s menu. With most of their produce coming from local organic farmers, their dishes are largely made up of whatever has been freshly harvested.
With each piece of furniture, the decor has been intentionally repurposed to create one cosy feel. A beautiful marble countertop, once an old dresser has now become a centerpiece to the space. Kafe Fula’s signs have also been upcycled from doors panels and oil barrels. They’ve gone the extra mile sourcing locally too, with all crockery and artworks hanging bought in support of local Maltese artists.
With a bike rack and light servicing available, they offer green mobility solutions to their employees and the rest of the community. Not to mention having an electric vehicle charging port close by. The team is educated on the best sustainable practices and they move as one brigade holding the same values.
A remarkably thoughtful cafe that has been certified GOLD, here are the criteria:
- Offer ‘bring your own container’ incentives
- No single use plastic or jablo disposables
- Compostable/paper takeaway disposables
- Numerous waste and waste reduction initiatives in place
- Offer fair trade or organic coffee/teas
- Ashtrays are provided in outdoor seating areas
- Offer water refills in house
- Biodegradable cleaning products inhouse
- Promotes and educates on environmentally conscious food choices
- Offer electric car charging close by